Pompano Beach, FL – February 28, 2012 – Global Communication Networks, Inc. today announced their year-end summary and financial results for the fiscal year ending December 31, 2011.
“GCN performed extremely well during the 2011 fiscal year, with 31% year-over-year revenue growth driven by sales strength across all major verticals and geographies,” said S. Chris Palermo, CEO and President of Global Communication Networks, Inc. “We are thankful for our customers as they are always our number one focus. Going forward, we remain committed to continuing investments to further accelerate our growth while remaining debt free and financially strong.”
- Industry success – during 2011 GCN initiated new customer relationships or enhanced existing ones with organizations in the business areas of online retailing, professional services, media, non-profits, PEO, software services, entertainment, international telecommunications, online gaming, real estate, online music streaming, secondary education, online travel, healthcare, financial services, internet domain services, nutritional supplements, manufacturing and distribution.
- Geographic presence – the diversity of the GCN client list is also shown by all the geographies where business was conducted in 2011 – domestically in Florida, California, New York, Washington D.C., Pennsylvania, Ohio, New Jersey, Texas, Oregon, Arizona, West Virginia, Alabama, Georgia, Washington, Delaware, Illinois and Indiana. International business was conducted in England, France, the Netherlands, Germany, Mexico, China, Singapore, Taiwan, Japan, the Philippines, Canada and Bermuda.
- Personnel – Steve Latos, Vice President of Sales and Operations, joined us early in the year to spearhead the assembly of a high performance sales team and to make improvements in our marketing efforts and infrastructure. We also had three other key associates join us in the areas of sales, project management and sales support.
- Infrastructure – as of the end of 2011 all key infrastructure applications and tools had been migrated to the “cloud.” Hosted VoIP telephony was implemented as well as the migration to a cloud-based email system and a new, simplified, but more functional CRM system was deployed. All collaboration, sales and support tools as well as customer contracts and other legal documents reside inside cloud architecture. In the event of any type of an issue that might prevent physical access to GCN offices, all personnel can work effectively from any location that has an internet connection.
- Marketing – GCN has always relied upon a strong reputation with new business often coming from executive referrals. In an effort to capture a broader base of clientele, an initiative was started in September utilizing the software platform and consulting resources from Hubspot to assist in the development of an integrated and comprehensive inbound marketing strategy.
- Partners – GCN continued to review and added key Technology Partners to fill specific niches in the pre-existing Partner Portfolio of more than 150.
- Accolades and awards – in addition to being recognized for sales performance at several Channel and Partner events during 2011, GCN’s growth was recognized by Inc. Magazine by the inclusion on the Inc. 5000 list for 2011. GCN ranked as the 1,347th fastest growing company in America, as well as the 45th fastest growing telecommunications company.
About Global Communication Networks, Inc.
Founded in 1997 and privately held, Global Communication Networks, Inc. provides businesses, SMB to Fortune 500, with voice, data, cloud, colocation and managed data center services solutions from over 150 partner providers worldwide. GCN is a consultative technology advisory that has a broad and diverse toolkit of solutions that is utilized to meet the most challenging needs of their clients, domestically or anywhere in the world. GCN saves their clients time and effort by efficiently managing the right service providers to leverage the best solutions at the most effective price.