Video chat and video conferencing can be exceptionally beneficial to the development of your business, as it relates to your internal collaboration, marketing, sales and networking purposes. Video communication is now readily available, cost-effective and easy to implement.
Traditional face-to-face meetings will never go out of fashion because they provide information that no other communication channel can. At the same time, video communication expands the possibilities for every company, including an expansion of your activities into broader geographies with limited cost.
Why are video chat and video conferencing becoming such an important part of business communication today?
- Video communication is available through a number of messaging or unified communication tools. In addition, numerous VoIP telephone systems easily enable “video discussion.” Video chat and video conferencing can essentially be available anywhere and anytime.
- It is an effective form of communication for people throughout your business. People who are involved in marketing, sales, public relations, training and development are likely already using video communication (at least as participants) in the form of live or recorded webinars.
- One of the biggest advantages of this form of communication is that it tends to be much more personal than email, traditional chat and audio conferencing. Although information transfer is the most important part of the story, additional visuals can better convey your story and provide better context and visual cues to make your point.
- Video chat and video conferencing obviously enable improved long-distance communication. International calls can be expensive, making video conferencing via the internet easily justifiable. Video communication technologies allow for the establishment of connections across broad geographies, effectively all around the world.
- Video chat can be utilized for improved communication inside the corporation, as well. Keeping connected to colleagues, sharing and collaborating on projects will streamline processes and improve productivity – simply, the result of improved communications!
Fundamentally, people just respond better to seeing a face, rather than only communicating by email or telephone.
GCN provides businesses, SMB to Enterprise, with voice, data, cloud, colocation and data center services solutions from over 150 partner providers worldwide. Not as the typical telecommunications agency or reseller, but as their technology advisor. We determine and tailor the best solutions to meet our customers’ needs world-wide. We save our clients the time and trouble of managing one or more service providers and leverage the best solutions for them at the most cost effective price.